- Thermal Zirconium Liner: maximizes warmth with wool-like performance that offers more body heat retention, faster drying and a cozy feel. All in all it keeps you warmer in colder water than standard wetsuit jersey lining.
- Seamless Shoulders: one single piece of 39 cell 1.5mm Yamamoto neoprene drastically improves flexibility and reduces fatigue throughout your entire stroke. Combined with 1.5mm underarm panels, you'll find no resistance while swimming regardless of whether your arms are up, down or anywhere in between.
- Hip Drive: Building off the Helix design, we've narrowed the center panel on the upper body and extended the side panels to maximize your natural body rotation in order to generate more power, resulting in more speed.
- Reactive Stretch Technology (RST): thinner 2mm neoprene paired with the most flexible jersey liner around the back and shoulders produce greater mobility and reach from the shoulders, reducing fatigue and increasing distance per stroke.
- S-Flex Side Panels: Thin 3mm side panels improve the ease of getting into the suit and promote better body position while swimming without sacrificing buoyancy.
- Quick Exit Legs: 1.5mm thin leg panels make it easy to get out of the suit after your swim, decreasing your transition times. Reinforced seam taping allows you to trim the legs if needed.
- Premium Yamamoto Neoprene: This wetsuit uses 39 cell Yamamoto neoprene which offers excellent flexibility and durability. SCS coating on the entire suit increases the hydrophobic properties (think more speed) and makes the neoprene more durable. Sourced from limestone, versus petroleum, it is the most eco friendly option available.
This suit is the one I have been looking for. My fourth suit purchase within the last six months and it fits the bill perfectly. I am using it for swimming under ice and it keeps me warm even there. Granted, the duration of those swims are short, but nothing else could hold the cold out like my Blue 70 shoot. Nothing and I have tried the best known brands I could find.
Overall A Great Suit
Overall 4.5 stars!! This is a great wetsuit for cold water workouts. Very easy to get on/off and maximum freedom/flexibility when swimming (e.g. no excessive buoyancy). As they recommend, it takes a few trial adjustments to find the ideal fit that limits water intrusion. For me, the small of the back gets the greatest amount of intrusion but minor adjustments can be made to minimize this pooling effect. After the first 1-2 minutes, the water temperature stabilizes throughout and you are perfectly comfortable for any length of time in the water (saltwater at 57 degrees, up to an hour but could go longer, no problem). My only potential concern is comfort in water temps less than say 55, especially if you are sensitive to cold water (like me). Would be much better if suit was made in the USA.